Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Your chief nursing officer recognizes you have completed your MSN and has asked you to be a member of the nursing evidence- based practice committee. They have advised the members that the purpose of the committee is the assess evidence in the literature to identify evidence- based practice practices to be implemented in w hospital and address prominent clinical concerns. As a nurse on this committee you have been presented with a clinical concern prevalent within the organization. You will need to conduct a literature search to find background evidence of the clinical issue. Following an understanding of the problems , you will continue to search the literature and appraise and rank the evidence for an intervention/ assessment has been selected you will then decide how to promote the adoption and evaluation of this clinical practice in your hypothetical health care institution.
In a 5 page paper (excluding title page, tables and reference page) you will describe and discuss the following:
1. Describe the clinical concern affecting the health care institution.
2. Background knowledge of the problem (describe the importance and relevance of the problem to patient care and/ or the role of the nurse )
3. Review and evaluate evidence addressing the clinical issue ( evaluate six primary research/ data based articles in past 5 years no later than 2015 including one systematic review or meta- analysis on your topic.)
4. Identify an intervention to be implemented into the clinical practice and provide an explanation of the use of the evidence- based practice.
5. Delineate strategies to translate the evidence- based practice/ recommendation into clinical practice by nurses in your hypothetical healthcare setting.
6. Evaluation plan to assess the outcome of the evidence- based recommendation in the clinical setting.
Students will develop 2 tables that reflect evidence, which contributes to the knowledge on this topic:
Table1 should summarize evidence that was selected from the literature search and includes the identification of the level ( grade) of evidence using John Hopkins University Evidence Level.
Table 2 should summarize key information about each article reviewed to form a synthesis of evidence table.
When writing this paper, use current and appropriate references.
For this synthesis of evidence paper, upload a copy of the 6 primary research/ data based articles used in this body of work.
(Note: the Evidence Based Practice you recommend should be an autonomous or (relatively autonomous) nursing action (e.g an assessment or an intervention). This does not include delegated interventions such as administering a medication or a provider’s decision such as giving medicine versus counseling. It could include collaborating with physicians/ nurse practitioners / physician assistants to seek an order, such as removal of urinary catheter).